As part of the STAscience project, the Slovenian Press Agency invites you to an online discussion on the intertwining of art and science, with an emphasis on the intersection of these fields in contemporary art. The event will take place on Tuesday, November 23, at 12.00 and can be watched live at the web address https://vzivo.sta.si/
Art has always reflected changes in society, so it is not surprising that science and new technologies are increasingly present in contemporary art practices. It is interesting that today we can learn about some new technological innovations in galleries before they are available for wider use, and it is also possible to present interesting discoveries in the field of science through art, which would probably remain known only to a small circle of experts.
The views on working at the crossroads of science and art in an online conversation will be shared by:
- Director of ZRC SAZU Oto Luthar
- Program Manager of the KONS Platform for Contemporary Research Art and Kersnikova Art Curator Jurij Krpan
- Advocate of the network of research centers at the intersection of art, science and technology RUK Peter Tomaž Dobrila
- post-media artist Saša Spačal, who works at the intersection of research into living systems, contemporary and sound art
- artist, designer and researcher focused on the development of art and humanities in space Miha Turšič
The conversation, which will be led by Martina Kolenc Novak, STA, will be broadcast live on the website https://vzivo.sta.si/
You are kindly invited to watch and listen!