By establishing a network of hubs across Slovenia we are creating an inspirational array of environment fitted with tools and equipment for investigative learning experiences in the fields of electronics, robotics, sound, telecommunications, biotechnology...
Four laboratories for artistic investigation and nondisciplinary production are established within the platform: lab for artificial life, lab for robotics, lab for remote sensing and signal processing and a lab for advanced permaculture. These labs are enabling the...
This is a laboratory for speculative innovations where nondisciplinary processes led by innovation catalysts are building possible scenarios for new social and product innovations. The lab is enabling an open, intuitive, visionary and futuristic approach to...
Future and vision
konS ≡ Platform for Contemporary Investigative Art and Tactical Media creates an ecosystem for the critical development of the future trough a mutually complementary network of hubs and laboratories across Slovenia. Nine partners – contemporary investigative art producers (ngo’s), tactical media, public cultural centres and art academy, all based in Slovenia, joined their efforts in the konS ≡ Platform for Contemporary Investigative Art to establish an active research, production and presentation/dissemination network to create improved conditions for research, development and realization of contemporary investigative art projects.
The content and structure of the konS project are complemented by the establishment of capacity building hubs, where various audiences can get empowered for critical use of new technologies (konS ≡ PARK), laboratories for artistic research across the country, which enable the production of contemporary investigative art (konS ≡ NOVA) and the laboratory for speculative innovations for translation of far-sighted artistic ideas and inventions into innovations for the advancement of social environments in Europe (konS ≡ PRAKSA). The network is striving to put in place connections among communities, knowledge institutions, research centres and economy on the systemic level, whereby all stakeholders are interested in co-creating a sustainable, safer and more ethical future in a dynamic, constantly changing world. The konS ≡ Platform is an open and evolving structure and other communities in the cities across Slovenia and neighboring countries are invited to join the network.
konS ≡ Partners Kersnikova Institute (Kapelica Gallery + Rampa + BioTehna + Vivarium), Projekt Atol Institute, Ljudmila Society, Aksioma Institute, Cona Institute (all from Ljubljana), University of Nova Gorica – School of Arts, Youth Cultural Centre Maribor, Youth Centre Velenje, LokalPatriot Novo mesto
Our mission is to create conditions in which the activities of contemporary research art will have good and stable conditions for functioning in the ecosystem of stakeholders from education, science, entrepreneurship in industry, recognized and supported by countries in international politics. We wish to achieve our mission in the following way:
- establishing systemic connections that will enable the recognition and inclusion of contemporary research arts as a key stakeholder in social processes which create a better tomorrow;
- settle working conditions that will enable sustainably operating in the field of contemporary research arts and the development of benchmark projects;
- form mechanisms for inter-ministerial policy integration that incorporate contemporary research art into its core activities;
- building of research/developmental and engineering/design platforms, which will create conditions on the market for permanent co-financing of artistic activities;
- establishing mechanisms that will enable the economy and other social activities to access visionary technological and social innovations;
- forming of institutions for transversal education in the field with which contemporary research arts, science and technology are connected at all levels of education;
- networking in important European and international networks and preparation of policy initiatives in the field of contemporary research arts in contemporary society.
konS ≡ Platform for Contemporary Investigative Art is a project chosen on the public call for the selection of the operations “Network of Investigative Art and Culture Centres”. The investment is co-financed by the Republic of Slovenia and by the European Regional Development Fund of the European Union.